Meet your working environment in WeStatiX. In this page you learn how the user interface, which you will use to create your finite element model and to read the results of the analysis, is structured.
The interface setting naturally guides you in the creation of your model: keep scrolling the page to discover all the tools you have at your disposal.
The Tab Bar is located at the top of the user interface. Each block of the bar corresponds to the various steps of the workflow.
You can proceed by following the arrows and sequentially define:
This will make it easy for you to keep your work organized!
Viewport 3D is the central area of the user interface: here you can draw your own structure and interact with it.
You can create nodes, beams and shells directly in the window that will define the geometry of your FE model.
You can also drag nodes by changing the geometry of your model at any time!
The following commands may be useful to you:
|LEFT CLICK + DRAG |
|viewport||rotate the view|
|MOUSE WHEEL |
SPREAD or PINCH
|viewport||zoom the view|
|RIGHT CLICK + DRAG |
|viewport||translate the view|
|SHIFT + LEFT CLICK||on an entity||show entity data|
|LEFT CLICK SINGLE TAP||on a node when not drawing||start drawing|
|LEFT CLICK SINGLE TAP||on a node while drawing||add node to entity|
|DOUBLE CLICK |
|while drawing||confirm drawing|
|ESC||while drawing||cancel drawing|
|RIGHT CLICK||on sidebar tree||show context menu|
|CTRL + LEFT |
CLICK + DRAG
|in Section Editor (desktop only)||fillet on all vertices|
|CTRL + LEFT |
CLICK + DRAG
|on a vertex in Section Editor (desktop only)||fillet on the selected vertex|
|LEFT CLICK + DRAG |
|on a entity||translate the entity|
View Selector Cube
The cube in the bottom left corner of the Viewport 3D allows you to quickly navigate the scene.
- Press on a face, an edge or an angle to move directly to that point of view;
- Use the arrows to rotate the model;
- You can hold the cube pressed and rotate it as you wish.
ToolBox contains all the buttons to control the graphics of your FE model.
This allows you to:
- Activate the 3D mode, in which you can see all the elements having the thicknesses and sections you have assigned.
- Activate and deactivate the perspective, switching to an axonometric view when you prefer.
- Take a screenshot of the model, and save it to your computer;
- Decide which items are shown in the Viewport;
- Activate or deactivate the display of item labels and results;
- Display or hide the loads you have applied to the model.
By scrolling the Scale bar, you can change the scale to display loads, constraints, results and deformation. Lastly, you can move the ToolBox to where you like it best by simply dragging it from one point in the Viewport to another.
The Entity Tree (first column on the left) shows you all the elements (Nodes, Members, Shell, etc.) that make up your structure.
- You can select any entity by clicking on it;
- If you click on a title, a table with all entities of that type will appear in the Data Panel;
- You can add, edit and delete entities with the drop-down menu that appears when you right-click on them;
- Remember that you can select the entities in the Viewport 3D with the combination shift+left key.
In the Data Panel (second column on the left) you will find all the data concerning the entity you selected.
You are free to modify them at any time! When you do, VIewport 3D will update automatically.
If nothing is selected, the panel will remain empty.
If you have doubts about the meaning of the field you have to calculate, click on and a bubble will give you the definition!
In this menu you can choose to perform one of the following operations:
- New: create a new model from scratch
- Open: access the templates you saved in Tutorials and Public Projects
- Save: save your project
- Save As: you can save your project by giving it a name and a short description. Decide here whether to make it public, and thus viewable by other users, or private.
If you select one of these, the File Manager will open.
Lastly, you can also choose one of the following:
- Import: you can upload a JSON file
- Export: you can export the JSON file related to your model
Share your model on Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Twitter… or share a link with a friend!
From this menu, you can change various settings, for example, the decimal precision, the interface appearance, the project description, and some calculation parameters. For a complete overview of the available settings, read more on the dedicated page.
WeStatiX has different price ranges, depending on your needs! In this section you can select your plan and payment information.
Didn’t find the information you were looking for? Contact us!
Manage your account: change the information you gave us when you signed up, change your password or logout from all devices.